Landing On A Hundred is a magnificent blend of Soul, Funk, and R&B tied together with quality production values that hark back to the sounds of the 70′s without ever sounding dated. There is enough contemporary flavour in the songwriting to allow the music to stand apart from it’s forebears, and the tracks are all of a consistently high quality, with enough variety to let the album fly by in no time at all. As impressive as the songwriting and production is, the real star here is ChesnuTT’s voice, which is excellent and delightfully expressive throughout, with more than a hint of Marvin Gaye about it. If you yearn for contemporary soul that stands shoulder to shoulder with what came before, this album is a must.
- Eliza Doolittle – In Your Hands - Paragraph Album Reviews on Eliza Doolittle – Eliza Doolittle
- Metallica – Master Of Puppets - Paragraph Album Reviews on Lou Reed & Metallica – Lulu
- Jedward – Young Love - Paragraph Album Reviews on Jedward – Planet Jedward
- SteveHancock on Jedward – Planet Jedward
- Rosa on Jedward – Planet Jedward